Saturday, October 8, 2011

The broken wing of the SEGWAY

I've never figured out how it happened, but when I came back here to Texas a few weeks ago, I discovered that one of the wheels on the SegWay had been slashed rather badly.  (picture below)  After it was looked at by the local dealer, I contacted the SEGS4VETS people to ask about help in getting a replacement.  Unfortunately, and completely understandable, thier funds are a little tight, so I ended up calling my Insurance for a claim.  Ouch.  Yeah, you can file a claim, but that pesky deductible gets you every time.   Anyway, the wheel is replaced now (had to order one from Houston).  The sick part?  The damn thing cost more than two of the tubeless tires on my Mini would cost.  Oh well, as soon as the rain stops I'm going for a ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment