Friday, October 14, 2011

Long Delayed Retirement

Yesterday, October 13th, 2011, I took off my uniform for the last time and officially began my transition leave to being a civilian.  Although my retirement doesn't begin until November 28th I have no meetings, appointments, or scheduled check-ins with anyone related to Army green.  In short, I'm a freaking civilian for all practical purposes!

I'm staying in New Braunfels for a little more than a week more than headed back to South Florida before beginning whatever comes next in life.  And no, I have no idea what that may be. . . Hopefully I'll grow up soon and make some decisions.

The Hula Hut & Hog Barn (can I just say HHHB? from now on?) is almost ready to travel, and frankly, I've been more than ready for weeks now.  I'll be updating daily from now on (what else do I have to do?), and - or more accurately when - I become too boring, please let me know.

Attached is the picture of SGM Dan Thompson, my old USSOCOM boss, at the retirement.  The absolute best guy I've ever worked for in the Army.  Hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment