Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rain in Texas!

Woohoo. The rain has finally stopped, but man has it been nice these last 24 hours. The storm front came through about 0330 this morning and, although heavy at times, it was mostly just a constant light rain. They said on the local news that the San Antonio area had 4-5 inches of rain from midnight thru 5 pm today. I'm a little north of there, but that seems about right to me. The river, the Guadalupe, however, doesn't look like it raised an inch...they must be keeping what they can in the lake above the dam.

At any rate, the good news is that it gave me an inside reason to clean and reorganize some of my cabinets, pack away some summer stuff, and dig out a few winter items. The Hula Girl is coming together nicely for the upcoming trip, and I have to admit, I'm looking forward to going, not necessarily Florida, but just "going" - the road under my feet and all that nonsense.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to get new shoes (tires) for Bandersnatch. Another chore being checked off for the move. The list is getting shorter, and I'm actually revisiting some things previously done to see if I have to make any improvement. Gawd, is this what retirement will be looking, doing make work for myself?

I hope it never gets to that. ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment