Monday, October 3, 2011

Day one of Army Retirement

Today was the 1st day where I actually started the real, honest to god, retirement out processing. I made it through quite a bit in four hours with just one small hiccup in one department where some moron tried to quote me the old version of a regulation that was updated 2 weeks ago. . .I tried to be to nice. Honest, but after the fruitless reasoning got me no-where I finally lost my temper and gave him the benefit of my many years in uniform. What my NCO friends would refer to as standing him tall. It felt good finally being able to act on something and get some of that emotional baggage off my plate.

I suspect he'll be more careful in the future.

Anyway, I'll continue tomorrow going through the process, it's all downhill from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment